Official Steeler Squares Rules and Regulations
Rotary of Westmoreland STEELER SQUARES Official Rules and Regulations
Purchase required. 100% of voting proceeds to be donated to Rotary of Westmoreland. Odds of winning each week are dependent upon the number of squares purchased by an individual compared to the total number of squares on the board. Pay out/prize is $150. Prize may be transferred to ROW as a donation. No substitutions allowed. Purchase of additional ROW products or services are not necessary to enter and do not increase participant’s odds of winning.
ALL FORMS MUST BE FILLED OUT COMPLETELY AND TRUTHFULLY. FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION AND PROVIDE TRUTHFUL AND PERTINENT INFORMATION MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE POOL. DISQUALIFICATION IS IN THE SOLE DISCRETION OF ROW.
ROW’s 2021 Steeler Squares (“Pool”) will be conducted substantially as described in these Official Rules (“Rules”). Participation in the Pool constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules. This Pool may be temporarily postponed or discontinued at any time without prior notice. The Pool is void where prohibited and is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Purchase is required.
This Pool, and all Pool material, is © 2021 by ROW. All rights reserved.
1. Eligibility: Entrants must be legal US residents, at least 18 years old or older, as determined by ROW and reside in the GREATER PITTSBURGH AREA, PENNSYLVANIA. Members of ROW, their affiliates and their wider organization and members of the immediate families of such persons ARE eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, and any other person residing at the same household whether or not related. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Pool Period: The Entry period begins on August 1, 2021, 12:01 AM and ends on September 12, 2021, 11:59 PM. ROW reserves the right to shorten or extend the Pool Period. Winner will be paid out each week and contacted via phone or email.
3. Pool Entry: To voluntarily enter Pool, go to www.rotaryofwestmoreland.org. Purchase necessary. No limit to number of entries. Any entries deemed inappropriate will be disqualified at the discretion of ROW. Purchase of additional ROW products or services are not necessary to enter. Winners will be paid out weekly. All entries become the property of ROW and will not be returned. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
4. Prize: The winner will receive $150 with an actual retail value of $60. Winner is responsible for claiming prize. Prize may be transferred to ROW as a donation. No substitutions allowed.
5. Winner Notifications: The winner will be notified by electronic mail or telephone call after end of game weekly. Winner must have valid photo identification, an email address and phone number where he/she can be notified. ROW will attempt to contact winner via telephone 3x times and/or by email, waiting for reply up to 3 days, before reserving the right to forfeit the prize to ROW as a donation.
6. Prize Acceptance/Restrictions: No restriction per household. Winner is subject to verification by ROW of the winner’s name, age, address, phone number, and Social Security number (where the prize value is equal to or greater than $600.00). The winner can pick up the prize or have the payment mailed certified (requiring signature). No entries from individuals under the age of 18 will be accepted. If a winner is disqualified, ROW reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or to not award that winner’s prize at all. Prize cannot be substituted for any other items by any winner. ROW reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value, for any prize, for any reason. Costs of transportation and accommodations, where applicable, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
7. Publicity Release: By participating in the Pool, each entrant acknowledges that his/her entry in the Pool constitutes that entrant’s consent to contact, use, publish, reproduce and for all purposes, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, the Internet, television or offline promotions), the winner’s name, voice, likeness, and any portion thereof, each extending throughout the universe and in perpetuity without further compensation, credit or right of review or approval, except where prohibited by law.
8. Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer: ROW disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond ROW’s control, or otherwise. ROW disclaims all liability for any delays, mis-delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. ROW is not responsible for mechanical, technical, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions, or failures of any kind, including failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmission of entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Pool, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Pool. ROW reserves the right to cancel the Pool if it becomes technically corrupted.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT, OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS POOL, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE POOL IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ROW RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND TO DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE POOL OR ANY OTHER POOL.
9. Taxes: Any valuation of the prize stated above is based on available information provided to ROW, and the value of the prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. All taxes, including federal, state, and local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Any person winning over $600.00 in total prizes will receive a 1099 form from ROW at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form should be filed with the IRS. The winner must provide ROW with valid identification, and a valid taxpayer identification number or Social Security number for total prizes valued at $600.00 or more, before any prize will be awarded.
10. Conditions: ROW reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Pool or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, interruption in wireless calling devices or wireless service, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in ROW’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Pool, (b) the Pool or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these Rules, (c) the Pool becomes corrupted due to wireless calling service interruption for any reason, or (d) the Pool is otherwise not capable of running as planned. (d) the Pool entry form blank have been photocopied and/or the Pool entry forms have been filled out and photocopied. By entering, entrants represent that they are eligible and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules and the decisions of any judges. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Pool in any way or use fraudulent means to participate in and/or win the Pool shall be disqualified. ROW reserves the right to disqualify any entrant at any time, for any reason, including, without limitation, language, activities or behavior deemed inappropriate. ROW and their agencies are not responsible for cancellations, postponements, or delays. Other than the prizes received by the winner, no entrant shall be entitled to receive any wages, benefits, fees or other compensation whatsoever as a result of participating in the Pool. ROW shall have the sole discretion to administer the Pool and interpret and apply the Official Rules.
11. Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the Official Rules and decisions of ROW, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless ROW, Rotary International, the Rotary Foundation and their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including but not limited to death or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Pool or any Pool-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize. In consideration for his or her participation in the Pool, each entrant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the Released Parties from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the entrant’s participation in the Pool, including attorneys’ fees.
12. Limitation of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information or other errors in the printing, offering or administration of the Pool or in the announcement of the prize(s) and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, or wireless calling service, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other conditions, (ii) failure of any entry to be received by ROW due to technical problems, telephone service problems, human error, or wireless calling service, (iii) communication line, hardware and/or software failures, malfunction of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines, other communications malfunctions, unavailable network connections, cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless service, (iv) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Pool, or damage to mobile phone or other PDA device, (v) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (vi) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, and/or unintelligible (or any combination thereof). Any expenses incurred by the entrant during the application process, including but not limited to, postage are the sole responsibility of each entrant and the Levin Furniture will not issue reimbursement for any expenses.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, ATTORNEYS’ FEES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES.
13. Choice of Law/Forum: All entrants agree, by participation in the Pool, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania law shall govern this Pool, without regard Pennsylvania’s choice of law rules. The courts of Pennsylvania shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute regarding any Rule or activity associated with the Pool.
14. Official Rules: To request a copy of the Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Rotary of Westmoreland, PO Box 732, Greensburg, PA 15601, by September 1, 2021.
15. Names of Winners: For a list of prize winner(s), send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Rotary of Westmoreland, PO Box 732, Greensburg, PA 15601, by February 1, 2022.
16. Compliance with Law: The conduct of the Pool is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. ROW shall follow the applicable laws for conducting this Pool.